March 2, 2011

A Thought About Being 'The Real McCoy'



Many years ago while on a trip to Victoria B.C. I had the opportunity to visit the Wax Museum. It was an amazing experience.  Everything looked so real. In fact by the time I left the last exhibit I wasn’t sure who was real and who wasn’t.
One man I reached out to touch scared me half to death when he got up and walked away! That was embarrassing.
As Christians we need to be careful not to get caught up in the routine of the Christian life.  We need to guard against becoming like those wax statues in the museum; going through the motions; looking on the outside like the 'Real McCoy' but on the inside becoming flat and stale.  Like any relationship, being alive in Christ takes work, and it is more than just going through the motions. It takes commitment, daily repentance and renewal and a heart that is totally surrendered to Christ. Being a Christian means you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.      
Be sure you are the 'Real McCoy'.

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven,
Matt 7:21a

No comments:

Post a Comment