I have a bunch of squirrels that love to visit me on a regular basis, so I always try to have peanuts on hand to feed them. They are well aware that I have them too and will wait all day for me to get home. I take hand fulls of nuts and throw them all over the back yard; they scurry all over picking them up.
As I have watched them I've also noticed that they never bury the nuts in my yard but head off to all my neighbour's yards to find the perfect secret place to dig a hole. I thought this was really smart of me, sneaky for sure but smart just the same. I figured the less holes in my lawn the better. I'm not so sure that my neighbours have appreciated it or if they even realize that it's happening. I'm also not sure that they would even like my little buddies being around.
However, that saying, 'what goes around, comes around' is so true. Last week I went out to rake the leaves in the back yard and I found a small hole. It scared me because my over imagination thought that maybe the squirrels were taking up residence.
My neighbour was telling me that we have a huge bunny problem in Ajax now. Yesterday I looked again and the hole is enormous. Now I'm really scared! I don't know what's living out there but it's getting bigger every day. I think I need to stop feeding the squirrels! That's about all I'm going to say about that until I find out more.




Rabbits and squirrels and bears! Oh my!
ReplyDeleteForgive me for thinking it's funny that you're scared of these things.
In MY backyard I have bears, deer, moose and coyotes. I guess you won't be coming out here any time soon. :)
xo
No but you can come visit me! Still want to meet the family!!! Don't forget I got a present for you!!!!
ReplyDelete